According to the reporters, on Monday, during the police raid which took place in Chad`s capital, the suspected Boko Haram fighters had blown themselves up. In this attack five officers and six militants had lost their lives as said by the police and government officials.
The aim of the raid of an illegal arms cache is said to be a part of a security operation and at dismantling a network of the Boko Haram extremists blamed for two suicide bombings in N`Djamena on June 15.
According to the Chad`s Minister of Public Security, Abderahim Bireme Hamid, the mastermind of the network had been detained yesterday.
As said by Bireme Hamid on national radio, “This is a result of the search this morning, when five members of the Boko Haram saw police arrest a member, they set off the explosives.” He added that three others had also been wounded in this blast.
As per a resident, Souleymane Brahim, the first explosion had been heard early Monday in the Dinguessou neighborhood of N`Djamena, and whereas, the second came onto action minutes later.
The responsibility for this attack had not been immediately claimed by anyone, but shows the suspicion of Boko Haram.