page contents

2 People Lost Their Lives in a Suicide Bomb Attack in Nigeria

According to the police said on Sunday, at least two people had lost their lives when a female suicide bomber blew up herself near a military check point in north east Nigeria. Also two people were wounded in this attack.

As said by the Borno state police commissioner Adermi Opadokun,

A female suicide bomber detonated an improvised explosive device strapped to her body along the Baga – Monguno highway, killing herself and two others on Saturday.

Adermi Opadokum said that in this attack four other people had been wounded. This attack is said to be the sixth attack in the north east Nigeria since Muhammadu Buhari took over as Nigeria`s new president on May 29.

Up till now, there had been total 11 attacks in which not less than 93 people had lost their lives.

According to Opadokun, at the same time, there was a blast at Tungushe village which is situated in Konduga district of Borno State, about 35 kilometers by road southeast of the Borno state capital Maiduguri, at about 9:30 am on Saturday.

The responsibility for either incident had not been claimed by any one, but they both bores the hallmarks of Boko Haram.

About The Author

Related posts