According to the reporters, four Palestinian youths had been detained by the Israeli authorities. The suspects were allegedly involved in a fatal stone throwing attack on the eve of the Jewish New Year earlier this month.
As said by a policeman Mickey Rosenfeld on Saturday that a joint investigation with the Shin Bet security service led to the detaining of the four east Jerusalem residents between the ages of 16 and 19. He said that the suspects re-enacted the attack that had put to death Alexander Levlovitz, a 64 year old Israeli who had been driving home from a meal marking the Jewish holiday of Rosh Hashanah.
As per the Israeli police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said on Saturday that the four young men who had been detained are from the AL Quds (Jerusalem) and aged between 16 and 19.
According to the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, “We have decided to penalize more severely adult stone throwers with a minimum sentence of four years in prison and also to authorize larger fines for minors and their parents.”
In recent months, the houses of Palestinian had been raided frequently by the Israeli forces in the occupied West Bank, detaining dozens of people, who are then transferred to Israeli prison