page contents

Responsibility for Attack on Mosque Claimed By Islamic State

According to the reporters, the responsibility for the attack on Shiite Muslim mosque in Bangladesh had been claimed by the Islamic State. In this attack a cleric had lost his life and also three others had been injured.

This attack is the second attack on the country`s tiny Shia Muslim community in a month.

As per the witnesses, three young men stormed in to the mosque in north western Bogra district and started firing at worshippers indiscriminately at the time of prayers.

As said by the police official Ahsan Habib, “The attackers entered the mosque and opened fire on the devotees after locking the main gate and then fled immediately after the shooting.”

From the nearby villages, two people had been picked up for the interrogation about the attack, as said by another police officer Arifur Rqahman.

On Friday Australia said that it had granted the permission to the families of government staff posted in Bangladesh to come back home, saying that there had been a threat to the Australian and Western interests in the country.

It said that on the foreign ministry`s website, the travel advice had posted that it had planned to withdraw all Australian government funded volunteers in Bangladesh by December 31.

About The Author

Related posts