page contents

Suspected Militants Put To Death 3 in Rocket Attacks on UN Base in Mali

According to the reporters, not less than three people had lost their lives when the unknown attackers fired rockets at a United Nations peacekeeping base in northern Mali on Saturday. Also 20 others had been injured in the attack.

The responsibility for the attack had not yet been claimed by any of the group, as per the spokesman Oliver Salgado from the capital of Bamako. As said by Salgado, at 4 pm, a group which had not yet been identified launched several mortars on the camp.

The attacks had been condemned by the head of the Union mission, Mongi Hamdi he also offered condolences to the families of those who had lost their lives.

Mongi Hamdi said, “I want to reiterate that these attacks will not impede the determination of the United Nations to support the Malian people and the peace process, including through assisting the implementation of the Agreement on Peace and Reconciliation in Mali.”

The attacks came just after a week after an assault on a luxurious hotel in which 20 people had lost their lives and many of them were said to be foreigners.

About The Author

Related posts