According to the reporters, not less than six people had lost their lives when three young suicide bombers set off the explosions in Nigeria`s north eastern Borno State, as said by a Nigerian army spokesman on Monday.
The attack on Sunday in Benisheikh took place as Nigeria`s army carried out an operation against two Boko Haram camps in the state that put to death not less than 12 militants, as said by the army spokesman Col Sani Kukasheka Usman.
The three suspected suicide bombers were aged between 10 to 15 years. They were spotted by a civilian group set up to fight Bok Haram as the young bombers approached a security checkpoint late Sunday, as said by Usman.
As per Usman, the checkpoint had been run by a local group of residents fighting the insurgency is known as the Civilian Joint Task Force.
He added that as the suspect were being screened, the explosives were detonated.
As reported, children, teens and women are being used by the Nigeria`s Islamist extremist group Boko Haram to carry out the attacks.
Not less than 20,000 people had lost their lives in Boko Haram`s 6 year old Islamic uprising.