According to the reporters, not less than 32 people had lost their lives in the twin bomb blasts in the Syrian city of Homs on Monday. As per to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights monitoring group, also at least 90 people had been injured in the attacks.
The attacks took place in the Zahra district in the middle of the city, as said by the Britain based Observatory which monitors the conflict through a network of contacts on the ground. The first blast occurred from the car bomb, whereas, the other blast occurred from a suicide attack.
Since a ceasefire deal took effect earlier this month, it is said to be the second major attack in the city, paving the way for the government to take over the last rebel controlled area of Homs.
As reported by the Syria`s state news agency SANA, two car bomb blasts had occurred, but it gave a lower initial toll of six dead and 37 injured.
As reported, on December 12, twin blasts in Zahra had put to death not less than 16 people. The responsibility for the attack had been claimed by the Islamic State, saying it had detonated a suicide car bomb.