page contents

At Least 50 People Lost Their Lives in Boko Haram Attack in Nigerian City

According to the reporters, not less than 50 people had lost their lives when the Boko Haram insurgents struck the north eastern Nigerian city of Maiduguri for the first time in months Monday with rocket propelled grenades and multiple suicide bombers, as said by the witnessed.

As per the officials, the death toll could go higher.

Not less than 30 people had been put to death and at least 90 had been injured in the overnight blasts and another 20 had lost their lives at Monday`s mosque bombing, as said by Muhammed Kanar, coordinator for the area`s emergency agency.

According to the military, multiple attacks had taken place at four south western entry points to the city, including a woman suicide bomber who had put to death one other person and had wounded 13 gathered outside a mosque after dawn prayers on Monday.

As reported, two girls blew themselves up in the second blast in Buraburin neighborhood, putting to death several people, according to civil servant Yunusa Abdullahi.

As said by Abdullahi, “We don`t know how many of these bombs or these female suicide bombers were sneaked in to Maiduguri last night.”

About The Author

Related posts