page contents

At Least 65 People Lost Their Lives in Attack in Nigerian’s Maiduguri

According to the reporters, not less than 65 people had lost their lives during an attack by the Islamist militant group Boko Haram near Nigeria`s north eastern city of Maiduguri, as said by a Reuters reporter after counting the bodies at a hospital morgue.

The bodies of the dozens of victims had been burnt beyond recognition in Saturday`s attack when the Boko Haram militants carried out fire on residents, and set fire to the houses and targeted a crowd with suicide bombers, as said by the security and medical officials.

As said by the Nigerian military spokesman, Colonel Mustapha Ankas, that the community of Daloru had been attacked by the militants of Boko Haram. Dalori is located about 5 km east of Maiduguri in Borno State.

This attack is said to be the third attack this week and is suspected to have been carried out by the insurgent group and the most deadly group. As the Boko Haram started losing control of territory, it had retrieved to hit and run attacks on villages as well as suicide bombings on places of worship and markets.

Maiduguri, a Borno State capital had been targeted by several bombs at the end of December that had put to death not less than 48 people.

About The Author

Related posts