According to the reporters, not less than 30 people had been put to death by the militants of Boko Haram. The Boko Haram militants had attacked on two villages over two days in the north east Nigeria, as said by the local vigilante fighters and a local official on Saturday.
In this attack the raider looted food supplies carting away herds and abducting women and children.
The remote villages of Yakshari and Kachifa in Damboa district were been attacked by the gunmen who stormed the villages arriving on bicycles, slaughtering villagers, as said by Musa Suleiman, a member of a local ad hoc group battling Boko Haram alongside Nigeria`s military.
As told by a Damboa local government official to CNN from Maiduguri, “We received reports on the attack on the two villages where the attackers killed, looted, and kidnapped women and children.”
According to an official who asked for anonymity as he was not authorized to give any information to media, they are still working to determine how many women and children had been abducted.
News of the attack was slow to be reported because of poor communication in the area following destruction of telecommunication towers by Boko Haram militants in the previous raids.