page contents

At least 12 people lost their lives in Taliban suicide attack on Afghan army recruits

According to the reporters, not less than twelve people had lost their lives on Monday when a bus carrying Afghan army recruits was been  attack by a Taliban suicide bomber near the eastern city of Jalalabad, said the officials. Also dozens of others had been injured in this heart throbbing attack.

 The attack took place days after US secretary of state John Kerry paid a visit to Kabul so as to underscore his support for Afghanistan`s unity government and call on the insurgent group to resume direct peace talks.

As said by a spokesman for Nangarhar, Ataullah Khogyani that at least twelve army recruits had been put to death. The suicide attack had been confirmed by the Ministry of Defense spokesman Dawlat Waziri. He had also confirmed the death toll, adding that the bus was been attacked by the attacker who was riding a motorized tricycle.

The suicide attack occurred and hit a bus in the Sorkh Rud district of Nangarhar province, which borders Pakistan. The injured had been taken to the main hospital in Jalalabad which is the principle city in eastern Afghanistan.

The responsibility for the attack had been claimed by the Taliban group.

About The Author

Related posts