page contents

Convicted and found guilty for July 2010 Kampala terror attacks

According to the reporters, eight men have been convicted for murder by the President High Court Judge Alphonse Owiny Dollo after finding them guilty of planning and executing the terror attacks which took place in July 2010 in Kampala.

In this attack not less than 76 people had lost their lives and scores had been injured. The eight of them were also convicted f terrorism and attempted murder.

On the other hand, five of the suspects had been freed by the Justice Owiny Dollo, saying that no evidence had been presented by the prosecution against them.

The sentences will be read out by the judge for those who were convicted in Friday after the final submission by the prosecution and defense lawyers.

As reported, the men had been taken to the court under heavy security.

According to the security sources, all the men were been sent back to Luzira Prisons and said that those who had been freed could be re detained for the different charges.

As said by the judge in a statement, “The Decision was made in Somalia, and explosives used in the Kampala attack originated from Somalia and ferried through Kenya.”

About The Author

Related posts