According to the reporters, as per to the Somali security forces, they have put to end a deadly siege of a beach front restaurant in the capital. In this attack, not less than seven people had lost their lives along with two assailants, as said by a police official on Friday.
As per to a Mogadishu`s police chief, Colonel Bishar, the attack came to end just before dawn on Friday morning.
As said by Bishar speaking from the scene of the incident in Mogadishu, “The security forces have ended their operation in which they rescued most of the civilians who were stranded inside the restaurant building and now we are in full control of the restaurant.”
The attack was carried out on Thursday night when a car bomb went off near Banadir Beach restaurant, followed by a gun battle.
The responsibility for the attack had been immediately claimed by Al Shabab militants. As said by Colonel Bishar, at least seven people were put to death at the time of attack, including five civilians and two security guards. He added that two assailants were also put to death.
As per to the security forces, they have detained another militant involved in the attack.